In summary the 2024 championship will consist of:
- 9 DRRL Road Races.
- 4 Purbeck Trail Series Races.
- Your best Durlston parkrun from 1st January – 31st October.
- Prize for completing 8 races (GR8).
- For the parkrun you do not have to wear club vest to secure points. You must wear your club vest/shirt for all other races.
- Club championship is a set race competition with your best scores from 8 races counting towards the championship
- For each race, 1st finisher will receive 50 points, with 2nd receive 49 and so on, until the 50th or last finisher, whichever comes first.
- A bonus point for each additional race completed, above the minimum 8, will be awarded.
- A bonus point for helping out in our club hosted race the Purbeck 10k.
In order to qualify for points, each runner must:
- Be a fully paid up Member of Purbeck Runners (prior to any race the runner runs in)
- Be a Purbeck Runners first claim member. Members as “second claim” do not qualify for points or prizes.
- Wear official racing club kit. This is any of our our official club kits; the new “wave” blue and yellow vest or T-shirt, the blue and yellow hoop vest / T-shirt or the older style “Purbeck Runners” Vega T-shirt. Purbeck 10K, GR8 or GR12 shirts do not count.
- Ensure they have the “Purbeck Runners” Club name visible on their vest/T-shirt. Your race number can be attached as you wish (according to the organizers rules!). This rule is to promote our club by displaying our club name proudly across our vests during the race.
- A memento is given to every runner who completes 8 races in a season.
- You must complete a minimum of 8 races to be eligible for any prize.
- In the event of two members being level on points, the member with the highest 9th race score will determine places. If this is level, the 10th will count & so on. If there is still a tie, the most race wins will determine places. If still a tie, the prize shall be shared.
- Prizes are given as follows for both the Men’s and Women’s championship:
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd outright
- Age category winners Under 40, 40+, 50+, 60+, 70+ (Ages are determined as of 1st January of the championship year)
- Purbeck Runner of the Year (PROTY)
- Winning a top 3 prize excludes you from winning a category prize
- 15-17 age category will be awarded to the highest scoring runner, they do not have to do 8 races to qualify (as it would be unlikely there would be 8 races they are allowed to enter)
General Completion Rules
- Minimum age of 15 to be eligible for the championship. 14 and under to be eligible for the junior championship.
- Members can contact any club committee member if they see members not wearing correct kit to ensure the points are awarded fairly.
- In races using chip timing, finishing order will be determined using chip time, rather than gun time. All other races will use gun time to determine finishing order.
- Points will be awarded in race finishing order, as described above. If two or more runners finish a race together, recording the same time, finishing order as listed in the race results will determine all points scored.
- Under NO circumstances can members swap race numbers without the prior agreement of the respective race organisers. This could lead to disqualification from the championship.